Thursday, May 04, 2006

From the Block Out the Box, Fourth Fridays, Style Factory and Freestyle Galore!

Wussup Y'all...
eventful weekend?... Check!
eventful Start of the week?... Check!
Mic Check?... Double Check!

Friday night...
Fourth Friday's @ Bowery Poetry Club...
Hot Shyt. Hot show... Lots of talent up in the spot.
Yako... (I think that's how you spell it) opened up the show with the ill Beatbox/Laptop set. Never seen anything like it. I've seen this dude live several times and each time it's been a new experience. Dope shyt. Had the crowd bumpin'.! Then they had this dope DJ get down. (Forgot his name sorry man). Did some of the craziest scratches I've ever seen/heard. I guess that's why he was a National finalist. Hyphen One held down the live art. That dude is sick!
After the show they had us up on Stage doing a "Doubles" Emcee Cypher. The first one I did was with Conscious. He's so dope U just don't understand. Somehow after that I managed to get up there with Tranquil. Somehow he misconstrued what I said and we ended up in a friendly battle. It was so dope! We had the crowd going. This dude won the award for "wittiest punchline emcee" at Freestyle Mondays. Remember I battled him at NYU a while back and at The Off the Head gameshow battle at Sin Sin? OK... Round three... No judges... Tranquill called me his Kryptonite. I love that dude. He'll get me sooner or later but not that time! It's all love Tranq! U R the shyt.


Saturday Night...
Style Factory at the knitting factory. They didn't have enough emcees for the "Who's rhyme is it anyway" competition so they asked me to get in on it. U know... After the Spin the mic battle that I fronted on... That ain't happening again. I was in like Flynn. It was me, Bisc 1, Chaz Kangas, and Cern. What a blast. They had us rhyming about Fairy Tales and all kinds of shyt. Bisc took it for the third time in a row. He's dope! Find out about him at http://embeddedmusic.net

Speaking of Bisc 1...
Bisc, Miss Angelina, Ill Spokinn and yours truly finally finished up the "From the Block Out the Box" program with the students at South Bronx Prep. It was fantastic. The kids really showed their stuff. It was amazing to see how these kids were affected by the program. They really impressed us, their parents and the Faculty. We had 2 one hour shows that day and then we all went for Pizza. It was sooooo fantastic. Really refreshing. I suggest giving it a go if you have the means... Kids can really teach you a lot about life and about yourself.

The Kids rocked it. Gotta give a special shout to Rose aka "Miss K" for putting it all together. I'm glad we were able to help you with your dream! Special shout to Miss Jose for helping the students with their Artwork... By the way Miss Jose is a hottie!
We got together and bought flowers for the 2 teachers and the kids gave them the flowers. The kids told Miss Jose that the flowers were from me... In front of the whole crowd... Can U dig these kids trying to play match maker? WOW! Hope Miss Jose didn't think I was trying to get in slick style... but like I said... she is a hottie!

Much More to come!

No comments:

Play Tah's Music!


Quantcast

Twitter Updates

Tah-weet and Tah on FaceBook

Follow Tah On

 

Join Tah On

 

Tah's Email List


Tah%20Phrum%20Duh%20Bush
Quantcast

Concerts and Events


Tah%20Phrum%20Duh%20Bush
Quantcast

Tah's Followers