Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Hip Hop Palooza Tour

DAAAAAMMMMITTTT man!
The Hip Hop Palooza Tour was crazy!

The Artists:
Brother Maniac
Princess Of Controversy
Jimmy Black
KLM
Michael J
D'en D Productions
and yours truly, Tah Phrum Duh Bush!

The Stops:
NYC
Philadelphia
Maryland
Atlanta

The Haps:
Where do I begin?
OK...
May 26, 2006
Alphabet Lounge, NYC
Opening night of the tour... I ended up working the sound board, holding down the door and working the bar at various times throughout the night. Oh yeah... I performed too!
I won't get into the semantics but it was sill a dope night. DJ Polarity came through and held down the sound for the night. Royall Witt and a few other cats came through and ripped it for the open mic segment. Royall Witt is one y'all need to be on the lookout for. My #1 Fan Linda was in the house holding me down from early. Doors opened at 7pm and I didn't get on stage till around 11pm and she stuck it out. Thanks love! All of the acts were on point! U know how I do on stage. Jumping into the crowd, laying the pipe, etc... My highlight for the night was KLM and Michael J (the dancers) these cats were off the chain! Dudes had pyrotechnics and shyt. They were literally on fire! The crowd went nuts when I brought out the energitis vest... Don't know what it is? Well U should have been there. Show up at my next show and you my get to see it then! It's really energetic and very bright to say the least. Energitis is relatively new to my stage show and seems to be becoming a crowd favorite. If you like it on the album, you should definitely peep it out at a show. It adds a whole new dimension.

Stop missing my shows dammit!

May 27, 2006
Went to see my homey Adam Jeeze in West Philly. I did a tour with him in 2000 called the Ghetto Barbershop Tour. What a dope cat. They were having a yard sale and drinking brews on his porch then it was off to:
The Fire, Philadelphia
You wanna talk about CPT (that's Colored People's Time for the ethnically challenged)...
A party bus from Washington DC was scheduled to arrive at the spot at 4 p m... They got to the spot at like 5:30 so guess what? Sets had to be cut short. Maaaaan!!!
Why I gotta suffer for CPT? U know? My moms and my sister came all the way from NYC to see my show. Big ups to them I love y'all. They had a blast. Energitis is definitely the favorite track of the tour so far. The energitis vest was, again, the show stopper! Don't know? Bring that ass out before I switch it up to some totally different shyt! The whole crew was dope. I got to see The Indikator for the first time in a while. I love that dude. Got a chance to do an interview for his Philly based video show. It was maad fun!
After the show had the worst ghetto Chinese food I've ever eaten in my life. It's all good though. Had a dope convo with Indikator and this dude Sean. One of the best times I've had kickin' it in a while. Afterwards I went back to check my man Adam Jeeze. He was on the Ghetto Barbershop Tour for a few shows with me in 2000. This cat has one of the dopest stage personas and voices I've heard to date! We went looking for a party tht didn't exist and ended up in a bar somewhere. I crashed at his crib later on and in the morning we went to this dope middle eastern spot for some grub! I bumped in to my man Jubei... well actually I saw him and I thought it was him but I wasn't quite sure. Anyway we ended up on the phone. I went into this cafe and this dude said he'd seen me on a picture in his boy's crib on the wall. Turns out it was DJ Ambush from Chester PA, my boy from back in 200 from the Philadelphia Music Conference. Small world man!

May 28, 2006
This is a day of high emotional impact for me so I'm glad I had a chance to drive by myself and reflect on shyt on the way to Maryland for the next show. Speaking of that. This show was soooooo ghetto. I was the first person there. This place wasn't even on the map. Crazy shyt. There was a spral staircase with what looked like vomit at the base. The A/C was broken and the sound man was late. The crowd was thin because nobody could find the place. Oh well. I still managed to gain a few friends and fans out of the deal and sell some CDs. All the acts were dope and D'en D Productions is now a new favorite of mine. I'll put some pics up soon...
Yeah Yeah... I know... shaddap!

May 29, 2006
What a fuckin ride!
We got in the van right after the show in MD and headed down to Atlanta!
Ate some nasty Bo'Jangles food. Never again! Tour food sucks! I'm bringing some fruit on the next go around! Anyway We had a blast on the way there but what a haul! Hey I have no complaints because on the way there I didn't drive at all!
The show was dope. The people in Atlanta seem to be all "Crunked Out" they were pretty tired of all the artists there getting on stage with the crunk styles. I actually enjoyed it. When we got up their attention changed. Hotness! That's what I want. People who have an eye for something different! The club owner liked my set so much, she invited me over and bought me a few drinks. Hey!! That's what I'm talking about! We got invited out for more. Linked up ith a cat named Big Teazey and he's got some radio shows and such that he want me to be a part of. Fantastic! We chilled in a chill hotel. I roomed with Jimmy Black who set of the fire alarm in the room while smoking a blunt and almost got us thrown out. What the hell? HAHA That's all part of the road. I mean damn, It would have been OK if I was smoking too, but I don't even smoke weed! I do however eat pork all you haters! Yes.... Pork! Dammit! I know this has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm writing about, but so what!

The trip back was brutal. I drove for like 4 hours. I ate some nasty assed McDonalds Filet-O-Fish. Hey... OK... U wanna get into details? OK. Look man... I'm human. My stomach started to grumble. I had to bust the illest fart... but I had the 80 mph cruise going and like all 4 of these dudes were in the van sleeping. I couldn't open the windows because they would've woke up and I couldn't just bust it because they would've woke up... so I drove for like an hour straight until my joint cramped up so bad I had to stop off at a rest stop. That had to be the loudest gas explosion in the world when I got out of that van! I know I'm nasty, but you're still reading right! Yes... your favorite emcee had to fart! I have news for you... Beyonce and Brad Pitt fart too! Get a grip and live huh?!

Made it back to NYC in one piece!
Read this again later I'll have a few more details when I have more time to write!


Peace, Love and the MIC,
Tah!

1 comment:

Skambeezy said...

Ch-chyea!!! big bro

Play Tah's Music!


Quantcast

Twitter Updates

Tah-weet and Tah on FaceBook

Follow Tah On

 

Join Tah On

 

Tah's Email List


Tah%20Phrum%20Duh%20Bush
Quantcast

Concerts and Events


Tah%20Phrum%20Duh%20Bush
Quantcast

Tah's Followers