Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Make Your Mark... All Soul... Bruno's

Woke up on the air mattress with a stiff neck... I think there's something about being so low to the ground that fucks with the human psyche. The air-bed was comfy but it still seems as if I was on the damn floor. Oh well. had to get up and get to this "Make Your Mark" conference that Microsoft and Avid were throwing. I missed the one in NYC and I wasn't gonna miss this one since I just so happened to be in San Francisco at the same time. Got up on this chicken burrito at a spot down the block from M.C. Mars's joint. He came with me and then we went to the conference which was walking distance. These hills in San Fran are killer!
Met up with Tim Sweeney again who happened to be a speaker on the panel. Met up with some ill musicians, 3D illustrators and graphic designers in the Bay Area. Network-O-Rama!
I also won a dope M-Audio "portable studio" bag in a raffle at the end of the seminars. It's worth like $70 bucks... Ha! How U like that... Now I'm fresher than fresh sucka! Don't hate because you're broke... Now all i need to add is my "Bling Tattoo" and it's on!!!!
After that I went to Mars' spot and dropped off my new bag and got back in the street and got on the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit, basically the subway in the bay area) and trooped out to Oakland to meet All Soul. We went out to Berkeley so he could practice B-Boying at the college. It was cool getting to build with him beforehand. He let me hear some new killer beats. We didn't get a chance to record anything new this time though. It was a good time. Then I trooped it back to San Fran to get to this spot called Bruno's where my homey Leon (the dude from Sacramento with the trumpet from the Music Strategies Conference) was going to be performing. Shyt was dope. It was crazy to be from NYC and walk onto a spot and multiple people were like "Yo Tah wussup!". Megan from music strategies was there with her boyfriend too. She is a powerhouse. If she was in NYC you could bet your bottom $ that she'd be the person I'd hire as a manager. Knew a few cats from the band that was playing too. They killed it on some soulful Curtis Mayfield with a twist of Prince and P-Funk. M.C. Mars showed up and we freestyled after the band finished and the DJ spun. It was dope. Made some more friends and kiscked it. Me and Mars then hit this Late Night Burrito Spot. I'm getting Burrito-ed out... Bakc to Mars' crib on the bus. Had a dope conversation about politics and 1984 by George Orwell...

Good times... good people...

Get at me!

Tah@FilthyClean.com

No comments:

Play Tah's Music!


Quantcast

Twitter Updates

Tah-weet and Tah on FaceBook

Follow Tah On

 

Join Tah On

 

Tah's Email List


Tah%20Phrum%20Duh%20Bush
Quantcast

Concerts and Events


Tah%20Phrum%20Duh%20Bush
Quantcast

Tah's Followers